Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Neighbors on Clinton Ave.


This lot across the street from my parents' house was vacant my entire life. It was one of the many lots to choose from on my street for pick up games with other neighborhood kids.  Now, it's the last remaining vacant lot on my street. Soon, this couple will be building a home on the land. Though I have fond memories throwing the ball for my dog, practicing my batting and pitching, and catching fireflies in this lot, I know this couple will be a great addition to the street. Welcome!

Other lots on my street:
first developed was the biggest lot ideal for kickball/ capture the flag/ kick the can/ cops and robbers/baseball > condominiums
then came lot ideal for play fetch with my dog (except she would always drink out of the oil puddles. probably not good) > more condos 
more recently, the king of the hill/ sledding "hill"/ fort making lot  next to my house> single family home
and now, this one.

The neighborhood's really filling in!


No comments:

Post a Comment